GMA Laser Is Taking Precautions and Practicing Safety for Our Patients and Team Members
When patients come into the oﬃce for a procedure or treatment, we want you to feel safe.
To protect you and our staﬀ:
- Patients will be given our phone number 703-390-9343 or 703-955-0985 to call or text us when they get to the oﬃce to enter the building. We will meet you in the hallway.
- Patients should not come into our office if they are sick, have a fever, or have been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days. Please let us know before your appointment if any of these conditions apply, and we will reschedule.
- Patients must bring their own mask to be worn inside the oﬃce. It will only be removed if necessary to complete your treatment.
- Patients will have their temperature taken upon arrival to our office.
- Patients will be asked the following: Do you have a fever? Do you have any shortness of breath, coughing, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, loss of taste or smell? Are you caring for someone who is ill? In the past two weeks did you come into contact with someone who was diagnosed with COVID-19? Do you live in or have visited a place where COVID-19 is spreading?
- Patients will be directly escorted to an assigned treatment room.
- Patient’s must leave ALL personal items in car, coats, jackets etc. However, they can bring a cell phone, purse or wallet, but must always keep the item on their person.
- Patients will be instructed to have their ride/companion/aid to stay in the car while being treated. No children will be allowed in the oﬃce. Nothing can be placed on counters or floors.
- Please use the bathroom at home. Oﬃce facilities will not be available to use while you are here.
Staff COVID-19 Standard Operating Procedures
Following universal SOP for COVID-19. Please note some items are subject to change since this is new territory, these are general guidelines in practice.
- All GMA staff will wear PPE (personal protective equipment). Providers will wear lab jackets with name and GMA logo, gloves and masks at all times.
- Staff members will triage patients when they call from the parking lot before entering the office.
- There will be only three-to-four patients allowed in the oﬃce at one time and will be directly escorted to an assigned treatment room.
- All objects that make contact with patients while in our oﬃce will be wiped down with industrial medical strength CaviWipes. Each treatment room will be cleaned to CDC standards before another patient will be allowed in the oﬃce.
- Additional time will be allowed between patients to do proper cleaning.
- Cosmetic patients will call the oﬃce and staﬀ will schedule treatments accordingly with spaces between treatment to allow additional cleaning. Patients will be given information on how to communicate to the oﬃce/staﬀ via email and tele-visits.
- Staff will contact patients via phone call or video conference to triage and to assign a provider.