With any procedure you’re interested in, it’s only natural that you want to do research. What risks are associated with laser hair removal, and how do you prevent them?
Here’s what you need to know for safe laser hair removal in Herndon, Virginia!
What Are the Risks of Laser Hair Removal I Should Know About?
Possible risks and side effects are rare and may include:
- Blisters and skin crusting, typically caused by sun exposure right after treatment
- Changes to skin texture, especially if you’ve tanned recently
- Excessive hair growth in treatment area
- Swelling around the hair follicles
- Temporary side effects such as redness, irritation or changes in pigmentation, such as dark or light spots
Severe side effects, such as scarring, are extremely rare and usually a result of inexperienced laser technicians. Laser hair removal is perfectly safe when performed by the right hands.
How Do I Prevent Laser Hair Removal Risks for Remarkable Results and a Good Experience?
Don’t be scared of laser hair removal, as it’s a very safe procedure and an excellent alternative to shaving or waxing. Here are some tips on preventing certain side effects and minimizing your already low risk for complications:
- Allow your skin to heal by avoiding body scrubs, pools, and other irritants directly after treatment.
- Avoid sun exposure, and use a high-quality sunscreen with a high SPF.
- Choose an experienced, certified laser technician.
- Follow your technician’s instructions before, during, and after each session..
- Shave the treatment area beforehand for an easy, comfortable procedure.
Where Can I Find Safe, Successful Laser Hair Removal in Herndon, Virginia?
Here at GMA Laser, we offer safe laser hair removal in Herndon, Virginia for virtually all skin types and tones and would love to have you as one of our satisfied patients.
We work hard to provide you with a comfortable, risk-free experience, so schedule your appointment today at 703-439-1104!