Let’s face it: fillers are great! But, the subsequent bruising – not so much.
Does a cannula reduce dermal filler bruising? How does it work? Keep reading to learn more!
What Is a Cannula Needle? Does a Cannula Reduce Dermal Filler Bruising?
There are two commonly used means of injection when it comes to dermal filler: a sharp-tipped hypodermic needle and a blunt-ended cannula needle. While a hypodermic needle is more popular, research has found that a microcannula needle may be better.
A microcannula offers many benefits, such as single-entry points, less force during injection, and flexibility. A single injection point allows for multiple filler applications, unlike a hypodermic needle, requiring several entry points.
Less force decreases the risk of trauma, minimizing bruising. Alongside less force, microcannulas push rather than pierce, a more comfortable experience that decreases the risk of passing through a blood vessel. This minimizes bleeding and discomfort as well as bruising.
Here Are 6 Tips for Minimizing Bruising After Dermal Filler
Now that you understand the science behind cannula needles, here are some bonus tips for bruise reduction after filler!
- Apply an ice pack after treatment to constrict blood vessels.
- Avoid medications or supplements with blood-thinning effects, like aspirin or St. John’s Wort (as long as it’s okay with your doctor).
- Choose an experienced, skilled injector who understands ideal injection placement.
- Limit intense exercise for at least two days after treatment to minimize blood flow.
- Stay away from alcohol before and after treatment for at least 24 hours.
- Take an arnica pill four to five days before treatment, and use an arnica balm or gel after treatment.
For the Area’s Top Injection Experts to Help Reduce Your Risk of Bruising, Choose GMA Laser!
Does a cannula reduce dermal filler bruising? Yes, and so do our skilled cosmetic injectionists!
Our team understands the ins and outs of dermal filler and the correct way to inject them, so contact us today at 703-439-1104 to book fillers with minimal bruising!