Have you ever heard the expression, “With age comes wisdom?” If so, you know that a lot of things happen when you age. You may become more wise, but chances are you’re also experiencing some changes to your appearance. Those brown sun spots and fine lines on your skin may seem exasperating, but the good news is that you can prevent them from becoming full-fledged wrinkles with a few tips and tricks.
Here’s a guide to everything you need to know when it comes to caring and preventing fine lines in your face!
Where do the fine lines come from?
There are plenty of causes for fine lines and wrinkles. Some common culprits include:
- Being in your late 30s to early 40s (this is when the first visible signs of aging pop up)
- Extended exposure to the sun
- Genetic factors (i.e., your mother and/or grandmother has them)
How can I prevent fine lines?
While you can’t stop the aging process completely, it is possible to reduce their outward appearance with the help of a few good skin care products. Establishing a nightly routine is key. We suggest:
- Cleansing your skin both morning and night to reduce makeup and everyday dirt and grime
- Toning your skin, as this will restore the natural pH balance of your skin and prep it for absorbing your products
- Using a moisturizing anti aging serum to hydrate the deeper levels of skin
- Using a vitamin C serum to even out skin tone
- Applying a hydrating eye cream, asour eyes and temples usually show the first signs of aging
- Toping it off with a creamy moisturizer to seal everything in
- Always remembering to put on sunscreen!
By having a consistent routine, you’ll develop healthy habits to care for your skin in no time at all.
How can I reduce fine lines and wrinkles?
There are a few different options for removing fine lines in skin. Dermal fillers tend to work the best. Botox is one of the most popular treatments and will temporarily freeze facial muscles to achieve a smooth appearance. Consider this: among the 14.2 million cosmetic minimally-invasive procedures performed in 2015, Botox was the most common. Clearly, it has worked for millions of people to get the results they crave!
Fine lines in skin don’t have to take over your appearance, as long as you take the proper preventative measures. Follow this guide and you’ll be able to put your best face forward in no time at all!