Let’s face it – not every tattoo is a winner. If you’re regretting yours, you’re not alone. And thankfully, there are ways to remove that not-so-permanent-anymore ink. Lasers are one way to do this comfortably, effectively, and, most importantly, safely. Here’s what you need to know about the best tattoo removal in Dulles, VA!
How Does Laser Tattoo Removal Work? Is It Actually Effective?
Laser tattoo removal is a procedure that uses a high-powered beam of light, known as a laser, to penetrate the upper layer of your skin and break up the ink particles of your tattoo. This process converts the ink into even smaller particles, allowing them to be easily metabolized and eliminated by your body.
It is considered the most effective method for tattoo removal, providing optimal removal of the ink without damaging your skin or requiring incisions, open wounds, or anesthesia. Multiple sessions are required in the majority of cases, depending on the size, type, age, and color(s) of your tattoo.
How Painful Is Tattoo Removal? What Affects My Pain Experience?
A common myth is that laser tattoo removal hurts just as much or even more than getting the tattoo initially, but this simply isn’t the truth. Thanks to the incredibly advanced PicoWay laser developed by Candela, the best tattoo removal in Dulles, VA is easy and well-tolerated.
New and improved devices like PicoWay are developed to be as comfortable as possible. They ensure the effective removal of tattoos containing many different ink colors without significant pain or lengthy downtime.
If you could tolerate getting a tattoo in the first place, then laser removal should be quite tolerable as well, taking a short amount of time compared to the hours invested in tattooing.
The laser itself feels like a rubber band repeatedly snapping against your skin – annoying and uncomfortable, perhaps – but not unbearable. Of course, the more sensitive the area is, the more likely you are to experience discomfort. To maximize your comfort, you can also get a topical numbing cream!
How Do I Prepare for the Best Tattoo Removal in Dulles, VA?
How much tattoo reduction hurts depends on both your personal pain tolerance, as well as how you prepare for your upcoming appointment. Preparation and learning pain management techniques ahead of time can make a huge difference in your experience.
Follow these pre-laser removal and post-treatment practices for an easy-going procedure.
- Avoid UV exposure, and wear sunscreen both before and after your laser tattoo removal appointments.
- Go into your appointment excited to make a positive change instead of worrying about pain. This is because, how you feel mentally affects how you feel physically.
- Practice relaxation techniques before and during your treatment such as deep breathing or squeezing a stress ball.
- Talk to your provider about pain management. For example, take an over-the-counter pain reliever beforehand, but make sure to avoid medication like ibuprofen.
- Take good care of yourself! For example, stay hydrated, eat a nutritious diet, and avoid unhealthy habits like smoking cigarettes or drinking alcohol.
- Wear comfortable and loose clothing on the day you come in for your appointment.
- Use an approved antibacterial ointment or product on the treated in order to keep it clean and boost recovery.
These simple steps will ensure that your sessions to reduce your tattoo are more comfortable and easier to manage. Additionally, they will help to increase healing times in between appointments.
Choose Generations Medical Aesthetics in Nearby Reston for Safe, Comfortable, and Effective Laser Tattoo Removal!
Our providers at Generations Medical Aesthetics combine proven treatments and star-quality care with a comfortable, judgment-free zone, encouraging you to take control of your confidence and remove that unwanted ink! Reach us at 703-439-1104 to schedule a consultation today!